Starting September 2016 you will see mobile banking has received some enhanced features.
- Quick Balance
- See your account balances without logging in. You can also choose which accounts you want to see in the ‘Quick Balance’ view.
- Fingerprint Authentication
- Device specific in iOS and Droid. iOS devices running iOS 8 or later that support fingerprint authentication (iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6+, iPad Air2). Android devices that support fingerprint authentication (Samsung Galaxy S5 or above, Galaxy Note 4, Note Edge).
- Running Transaction Balance
- Now you can see the running account balance in the transaction history option. This feature allows you to view the balance remaining in the account after each transaction.
- Pending Transactions
- View the pending transactions
- Card Controls
- You may notify the credit union that you will be out of town using your WSCU Debit or Credit Card. If you forgot to call us, then you can let us know within the mobile app 24/7/365!
Your security is important to us. All applications have been tested and have multiple layers of security built in.
If you attend and complete a four hour driver safety class Spanish/English, you may be eligible for a discount on your auto insurance!
ID Theft Training
The key prevention step to reducing fraud is to restrict who you give your personal information to and why. Here are ten steps consumer can take to protect themselves
- Be cautious with your mail Promptly remove incoming mail from your mail box. Secure outgoing mail. Shred mail that has personal information, such as bank account or credit card information.
- Read your statements to make sure there are no unauthorized charges.
- Check your credit report three times a year to make sure no one has opened lines of credit under your name. To request a free credit report, call (877) 322-8228 or go to the annualcreditreport.com website
- If asked for your Social Security number at places such as a doctor’s office or Pharmacy, write it on a piece of paper so someone else doesn’t over hear you. Take back the paper and destroy it.
- Carry only documents that you need when traveling. If you have a passport, don’t take your social security card. If you’re using only one credit card, don’t take the others with you.
- Photocopy all important records in your wallet so you remember to cancel all accounts if your wallet is lost.
- If you’re going to a physician who already has your Medicare card, take a photocopy of the card with you and black out some of the numbers so you can present that at the front desk if asked.
- Reduce telemarketing calls by signing up for the federal do-not-call registry at (888) 382-1222 or visit the website of the Do Not Call Registry.
- Reduce junk mail by going to the DMAchoice.org website
- Eliminate pre-approved credit card offers by calling (888) 567-8688 or visiting the website for opting out of pre-approved credit card mail. www.optoutprescreen.com
Love My Credit Union offers WSCU members discounts
Love My Credit Union is a partnership of credit unions across the nation who have joined forces to give credit union members some special discounts. We are proud to be part of this group and be able to pass onto you more benefits of being a credit union member.
Currently, Love My Credit Union offers WSCU members discounts from GM, Chrysler, Thor Industries, Allied Moving and FTD Flowers. Please check out www.lovemycreditunion.org and start saving!
Are you FoolProof?
Ever wonder whom to trust when it comes to consumer information and financial literacy? Weld Schools Credit Union has the program just for you. We have formed an education and literacy partnership with a nationally known group of consumer advocates to deliver high-quality, free financial education and literacy programs to everyone.
FoolProof Solo teaches a college-age person, or even older adults with limited financial knowledge about the realities of money and credit. The modules are tough, interactive and interesting.
FoolProof for Parents and Grandparents involves parents and grandparents in their children’s financial education. All can be done at home, all web-driven, and taught by young people with whom kids can relate. These highly interactive ‘modules’ run about 45 minutes each, feature videos, music, and games. Each module concludes with a test and the results come directly to you, the parent or grandparent.
FoolProof’s CUHQ, a year-round, interactive website for young people ties everything together with great information that relates to what is taught in the FoolProof modules.
FoolProof Information Edge is an on-line newspaper that features videos, podcasts and breaking news.
Click on FoolProof to try out one of the free programs today!